TMM …back again.
Software / Hardware
- Samsung’s i770 looks to be a compelling Windows Mobile Smartphone – particularly with its clamshell design.
- Also from CoolSmartphone.com – Motorola’s Q (yes, the long-awaited, oft-delayed Q) will be landing on May 31 Be sure to check out this Moto Q vs Samsung i320 video on YouTube.com (via CoolSmartphone.com)
- It looks like T-Mobile UK subscribers will be getting some HSDPA goodness
- SlingMedia now has a beta version of SlingPlayer Mobile for Smartphone
- PocketPCThoughts.com takes a look at OneNote Mobile (Beta) on a WM PPC
- MobileTechReview reviews the new HP iPAQ hw6915
- It’s been out for a month now.. Microsoft Device Emulator 2.0 Beta – CTP Also, check out Barry Bond’s blog entry on how 40% better performance was achieved in the emulator Of course, there is always the standalone of Microsoft Device Emulator 1.0 for folks who want some RTM-quality goodness (note that this has the added bonus of having MSFP WM5.0 images).
- Attention all Windows Mobile developers: Mel Sampat is now blogging about WM AppCompat. Subscribed.
In Other News . . .
- The .mobi TLD has been launched. Be sure to check out the availability and rollout plan at Mobile Top Level Domain (hint: general availability isn’t until August 28..hope no one has a trademark on the name I’m after..)
- Windows Media Player 11 (beta) is available
- Unboxing.com (via TinyScreenfuls.com)
- BusyBoxDotNet – sweet ASP.NET control, but I don’t think you’ll be able to use it as a mobile control (via James Avery)